Gardens of Spain
April 19-29, 2020
Join Jerry and Amy Fritz on a ten day small group tour exploring the legendary gardens of southern Spain.
- Magical water gardens in Seville
- Moorish gardens at Generalife at the Alhambra in Grenada
- Mediterranean coastal garden in Malaga
- Cordoba Patios
- Three intimate private gardens
- Whitewashed historic buildings and breathtaking Andalusian mountain ranges
ENJOY LOCAL CUISINE
- Dinner at a Tablaos watching authentic Flamenco
- Olive oil tasting
- Fine wines
Spain’s Garden style has its roots in the Persian style Paradise garden of Moorish times. Courtyards and water rills were prominently featured. Starting in the 16th century, Italian Renaissance influence became common with French garden design occurring late 17th century featuring allées, parterres and formal water gardens. The romantic English landscape park style followed beginning in the late 18th century designed using temples, grottos,sculpture and staircases.
This bespoke trip will be a memorable journey exploring the mystical and romantic Spanish landscape. Strictly limited to a small group to allow for individualized touring.